Here's a look at Hockey's Future's top 10 prospects from the Western Hockey League, a group that includes a large batch of elite defensemen.
Last week, the National Hockey League engaged in its annual ritual of interviewing, testing, and examining the top players eligible for the 2012 Entry Draft. The 105 prospects that attended the Combine were poked, prodded and questioned, as well as given psychological tests. The difference this year is that there were many more second-year eligible prospects in attendance, and maybe more importantly, many draft eligible prospects had endured injury shortened seasons, which resulted in different concerns on the part of the NHL teams.
If you are looking for a prospect from the 2012 NHL Draft that is the most NHL-ready, you would probably have to look no further than top defensive prospect Ryan Murray of the WHL's Everett Silvertips.
With less than a month remaining until the 2012 NHL Draft takes place, the 30 NHL clubs are getting a last opportunity to evaluate a number of the prospects available for the draft. This evaluation comes in the form of the NHL Scouting Combine, which is taking place this week in the Toronto area.
Name Pos Birthdate S/C Ht. Wt. Team League
1. Yakupov, Nail, LW 10/6/93 L 5.10.5 189 Sarnia OHL
- HarborCenter OHL Showcase - Sept 1-3 - HarborCenter - Buffalo, NY.
- Nathan MacKinnon vs. Nico Hischier
- Dreger: Senators plan to keep Phaneuf
- What # Dman is Brian Campbell right now?
- Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) - Offseason part VII
- News Around the League: Offseason 2017 - Where's My Money???!!