Many of the Philadelphia Flyers prospects who performed well this past season came from the most recent draft class. There was Ivan Provorov, expected to be the team’s top defensive prospect, and Travis Konency, who proved his first-round selection was a good decision by the Flyers.
There were several other players who had good seasons, including goaltender Merrick Madsen and little-known sixth-round pick Cooper Marody. While it was a successful year for many of Philadelphia’s prospects, some of them struggled.
As teams enter the stretch run of the 2015-16 AHL season, points in the standings are at a premium. A good run of wins can help solidify a playoff position while an untimely losing skid can push a team out of postseason contention. The intensity is ramped up in the final eight weeks of the season, meaning every game, period and shift matters. Read more»
The Philadelphia Flyers AHL affiliate in Lehigh Valley are in the middle of their division this year, and have seen some of its key players skate at the professional level. Meanwhile, other top Flyers prospects are competing in the CHL. That means the Phantoms don’t have the same talent they’ve had in the past. Read more»
- Premier League Matches 15:00 Saturday, 26th August 2017 HUDDERSFIELD V SOUTHAMPTON
- Premier League Matches 15:00 Saturday, 26th August 2017 CRYSTAL PALACE V SWANSEA
- Was Trevor Linden Really Even Better Than Cliff Ronning?
- Premier League Matches 12:30 Saturday, 26th August 2017 BOURNEMOUTH V MAN CITY
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HockeyGoddess
- Datsyuk/Ovechkin vs Fedorov/Bure