The New York Rangers have become one of the NHL teams that rely most on good player development. As the result of a rebuild that lasted at least half of the last decade, close to half of the players on the 2011-12 roster had either been drafted or signed as free agents out of junior hockey.
After several years with a very strong group of prospects, the New York Rangers have graduated a lot of home-grown talent to the NHL team. The system remains strong defensively, but the only potential star in the system is winger Chris Kreider. Organizational depth in goaltending remains a weakness, with only Jason Missiaen and Scott Stajcer among the netminding prospects.
- HarborCenter OHL Showcase - Sept 1-3 - HarborCenter - Buffalo, NY.
- Nathan MacKinnon vs. Nico Hischier
- Dreger: Senators plan to keep Phaneuf
- What # Dman is Brian Campbell right now?
- Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) - Offseason part VII
- News Around the League: Offseason 2017 - Where's My Money???!!