While the New Jersey Devils are having a roller coaster season, their minor league affiliate, the Albany Devils, are the surprise team of the AHL. Part of the reason is the play from their rookie class, featuring some of the franchises top prospects, including Jon Merrill, Reid Boucher, and Stefan Matteau.
General Manager Lou Lamoriello has done a good job of restocking the lackluster New Jersey Devils farm system over the past six years. The junior and college ranks have produced talented prospects of all skill levels that fit the Devils mold. Now their minor league affiliate is reaping the benefits of this youth movement.
The Florida Panthers prospect pool has seen significant turnover at the minor league level over the last six months. Some players have graduated to the NHL while others have been traded. Several new faces have joined the professional ranks for the first time. After all of the movement is accounted for, what remains is perhaps the strongest minor league group of prospects the Panthers have had in a long time, if ever.
- Prospect Info: Flames prospect rankings: #16
- Why are there no women in the NHL?
- Friendliest/Unfriendliest Arenas to watch an Away team @
- OT: An NFL Team Is a Bad Deal for the Las Vegas Strip
- Player Discussion Ryan Nugent-Hopkins '16-17 and Beyond
- Speculation: More Players who need to be protected in an expansion draft.