Since the NHL Draft was instituted in 1969, the Ontario Hockey League has proven to be the richest source of future talent in the world. And with six of the previous seven first-overall selections coming from the middle Canadian Hockey League association, there was no reason to believe that the province of Ontario (and parts of Michigan and Pennsylvania) wouldn’t be fertile soil again for the next generation of professionals.
The Calgary Flames entered the 2013 NHL Draft with a committed plan to rebuild and selected key players to help construct the new foundation. Prior to the draft, General Manager Jay Feaster traded away Alex Tanguay and Cory Sarich to the Colorado Avalanche for David Jones and Shane O’Brien. The trade continues the trend of adding youth, fresh energy, and a new look to the organization.
Portland Winterhawks defenseman Seth Jones had a nice run atop the ISS Hockey rankings for the 2013 NHL Draft. But, in that scouting organization's final release before next month's draft, Jones has been supplanted by the Halifax Mooseheads' Nathan MacKinnon as the top prospect according to ISS.
- 10/23/2016 04:05 PM - San Diego Chargers at Atlanta Falcons
- GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/22/16
- 10/23/2016 01:00 PM - Baltimore Ravens at New York Jets
- 10/23/2016 01:00 PM - Indianapolis Colts at Tennessee Titans
- 10/23/2016 01:00 PM - Oakland Raiders at Jacksonville Jaguars
- 10/23/2016 01:00 PM - Buffalo Bills at Miami Dolphins