Thoughts accumulated on a two-week trip that took me through eight states and four provinces. Lots of snow and lots of coffee.
If the Canadian Hockey League considers itself the best road to the NHL, then the Ontario Hockey League can lay claim to being the CHL’s most popular route. Having provided five of the last six first-overall draft picks, it’s likely that players coming out of the OHL will have their names called early and often at the 2013 NHL Draft that will take place in Newark, NJ in late June.
The draft year is an exciting time for any hockey player on the road to becoming an NHL prospect. From scouts in the stands to tournaments and rankings, all culminating in the big event in June, the whole year is a whirlwind of activity as players show off their skills and hope to hear their name called.
It isn't a major surprise that 2013 NHL Draft prospects Nathan MacKinnon and Seth Jones have been named captains of the two squads of draft hopefuls taking part in the 2013 Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game. The two players hold the #1 and #2 positions in the December rankings released by International Scouting Services, as they have for each of the rankings reports released this season by ISS.
- Prospect Info: Flames prospect rankings: #16
- Why are there no women in the NHL?
- Friendliest/Unfriendliest Arenas to watch an Away team @
- OT: An NFL Team Is a Bad Deal for the Las Vegas Strip
- Player Discussion Ryan Nugent-Hopkins '16-17 and Beyond
- Speculation: More Players who need to be protected in an expansion draft.