With the 2012-13 CHL season now officially in the books, attention has turned to the 2013 NHL Draft that takes place on June 30th in Newark, NJ. As it happens, the players generally considered to be the top 3 prospects for this draft – Portland Winterhawks defenseman Seth Jones, and Halifax Mooseheads forwards Nathan MacKinnon and Jonathan Drouin – all happen to be players that competed in the CHL this past season.
Portland Winterhawks defenseman Seth Jones had a nice run atop the ISS Hockey rankings for the 2013 NHL Draft. But, in that scouting organization's final release before next month's draft, Jones has been supplanted by the Halifax Mooseheads' Nathan MacKinnon as the top prospect according to ISS.
The U-18 World Junior Championship is set to begin in just a few short days, an event that could bring the last major shake-up in the rankings of the 2013 NHL Draft prospects. So it is no surprise that the pre-WJC release of ISS Hockey's ranking of the top 30 NHL Draft prospects sports few surprises, and instead reflects pretty much the status quo from the March rankings.
- Proposal: Cgy-mtl
- 56th Obsequious Banter Thread - Double Giroux, Double the Fun!
- Pre-Game Talk: Game #62 - BRUINS are deep in the heart of Texas - 2/26 12:30 ET - NBC, WBZ-FM 98.5
- GDT: DUCKS at KINGS2/25/17 1 p.m. PT; NHLN, SN1, FS-W, PRIME, NHL.TV
- Value of: Garrison to the Leafs
- Speculation: NSH-TBL Talking Trade?