The second NHL Draft for the Toronto Maple Leafs under President and General Manager Brian Burke saw the team make seven selections in the draft, however only two of the picks were originally theirs. In a whirlwind of activity, Burke traded five of their original picks and re-acquired five in a series of player trades and transactions to move the Leafs up or down in the draft.
If based on the sheer size of the league and the types of contracts that can be handed out, as well as what is clearly a generally outstanding level of ice hockey, most will tell you that the KHL is the best hockey league in Europe. Still, you’ll find many who’ll say there’s no better level of hockey combining pure, proven international competitiveness and the ability to integrate and foster young, excellent talent than in Sweden’s SHL. Read more»
- Prospect Info: Flames prospect rankings: #16
- Why are there no women in the NHL?
- Friendliest/Unfriendliest Arenas to watch an Away team @
- OT: An NFL Team Is a Bad Deal for the Las Vegas Strip
- Player Discussion Ryan Nugent-Hopkins '16-17 and Beyond
- Speculation: More Players who need to be protected in an expansion draft.