In what could be regarded as a development year with all the incoming young players, the Norfolk Admirals are off to a respectable 20-13-1-5 start. Norfolk stood to lose quite a few valuable players to the Anaheim Ducks this season, and with players like Hampus Lindholm, Sami Vatanen, Emerson Etem, Frederik Andersen, and Patrick Maroon all spending considerable time in the NHL in 2013-14 that fear became a reality.
The Anaheim Ducks' brass has done an excellent job maintaining depth throughout their prospect pool in recent years. They have done incredibly well in the past few drafts, adding players who can score, but also players capable of playing a responsible two-way game.
The Anaheim Ducks added several key prospects this off-season via drafting and trade. While the Ducks world was shaken by the trade of Bobby Ryan to Ottawa, in return they received two tremendous pieces in Jakob Silfverberg and Stefan Noesen. They also added via draft Shea Theodore, Nick Sorensen, and Keaton Thompson. The addition of these talented players has caused a bit of a shuffle in the rankings, not due to poor play or a downgrade of potential, but simply due to an increase of quality players in the system.
Normally when you look at a team's top prospect list, the top end of it is a mixture of sleepers and blue chip prospects. There are players who live up to the hype, others who create it out of nowhere. Sometimes organizations struggle with top picks panning out, but that is not the case with the Anaheim Ducks.
- How likely is the departure of Dinamo Rīga from KHL in the next few years?
- Proposal: Trouba for Hanifin
- NFL Preseason: Cincinnati Bengals @ Jacksonville Jaguars | 8/28/16 | 8PM ET
- NFL Preseason: Arizona Cardinals @ Houston Texans | 8/28/16 | 4:25PM ET
- NFL Preseason: San Diego Chargers @ Minnesota Vikings | 8/28/16 | 1PM ET
- What if the Rangers Do Not Make Another Significant Preseason Trade