The Buffalo Sabres needed a facelift at the 2010 NHL Draft. Once a high-flying scoring machine, the Sabres never adequately addressed the departures of co-captains Chris Drury and Danny Briere in 2007. With a potential franchise defenseman in Tyler Myers and the emergence of Ryan Miller as an elite goaltender, the Sabres nevertheless decided that they needed to re-tool from the back end out. It was a strange move, given that the team’s 207 goals allowed in 2009-10 season were the fewest in seven years—a big reason why they managed to capture a division title after failing to make the playoffs in the two previous seasons. Read more»
- Player Discussion Ranking our Defensemen (In Terms of Value) #2
- PGDT-Poll: #26| St. Louis Blues @ New York Islanders | Players of the game poll | F/TBD
- 12/08/2016 08:35 PM - Nashville Predators at Dallas Stars
- Should the Leafs have taken Laine 1OA?
- Proposal: Montreal - Toronto
- 12/08/2016 08:05 PM - New York Rangers at Winnipeg Jets