The Calgary Flames continue to move in a positive direction with their rebuild process as their prospects make an impact at the NHL level. The additions of Johnny Gaudreau and Josh Jooris have enhanced the team offensively, while Markus Granlund has provided reliable support in place of injured forwards.
Despite losing their first four games and finishing October with a lowly 3-6 record, the Adirondack Flames continue to grow stronger in their inaugural AHL season. As a determined unit, the Flames went on an incredible nine-game winning streak in November, which presently is the second-longest in the AHL this year. Read more»
Welcome to the first edition of On the Rush for the 2014-15 season. For those unfamiliar, On the Rush focuses on prospects at various levels of competition who exceeded expectations or fell behind a bit in the past month.
It has been a long time since the Calgary Flames have had a deep talent pool like the current group developing at each position. The Flames were fortunate to add four first-round picks to their system in the past two years, which includes a pair of centers from Ontario in Sean Monahan and Sam Bennett, who became the highest pick in team history when selected fourth overall in the 2014 NHL draft.
- Confirmed with Link: Flames re-sign David Rittich and Jon Gillies to 1-year, 2-way deals
- 2017 Entry Draft ranking
- 2017-18 Wild Season Thread (Draft Review, Trade Block, News, Prospect Rankings)
- Value of: Mika Zibanejad [NYR] - Arbitration Scheduled Tues 7/25
- Do you think management resigns Boro
- Prospect Info: 2017 HF Devils Top 20 Prospect Rankings: #10