As the American Hockey League returns from the All-Star break, several teams are in playoff contention and will be kicking things up a notch heading down the stretch. There have been plenty of standouts throughout the first half of the season, but who will lead the way for AHL teams out West down the stretch? Read more»
It’s been a total upheaval in the standings in the AHL‘s Western Conference from last spring through the first third of the 2014-15 season. Two of the top four teams in the conference last season aren’t even in the top nine currently – Grand Rapids (9th) and Toronto (12th) – leaving the Western Conference wide open as teams head into the middle third of the schedule amidst the height of injuries and call-ups. Read more»
For years, one of the key concerns plaguing the Chicago Blackhawks was the lack of a quality second-line center. While general manager Stan Bowman is hoping his big free agent acquisition, Brad Richards, is a temporary solution for the 2014-15 season, the answer for future seasons may come from within the organization. Bowman and Co. have taken it upon themselves over the past few years to draft a plethora of centers.
The American Hockey League’s Western Conference is approaching the end of the first quarter, and the wild, wild west is producing some dynamic offensive hockey players.
- In a points league and thinking of taking Holtby at #2 behind Crosby.
- GDT: Pre-Season Game 5 - Ducks @ Coyotes - 6:00PM
- Sooooo...what exactly was the conservative movement????
- Who will have more goals this year? (Coyle vs Nino)
- Do you think Mike Hoffman can score 40+ goals?
- Pre-Game Talk: Pre-Season | Game 4 | Canucks @ Sharks | 5 PM | Sportsnet 360