Success in Hockeytown is measured in Stanley Cups, but unfortunately, the Detroit Red Wings and their local affiliates came up well short of their intended goals this past season. The Red Wings made the playoffs but failed to advance past the division rival Nashville Predators in the first round. The AHL's Grand Rapids Griffins missed the playoffs altogether. They won just three of their final 10 games down the stretch and missed the playoffs by nine points. At the ECHL level, the Toledo Walleye posted the third-worst record in the league as they were unable to clinch a postseason berth for the second straight season. It was a disappointing spring for most Red Wings prospects abroad as well, though there were several notable exceptions.
- CHL ban to EU import goalies - was it worth?
- Tarasenko/Blues give fan a special birthday present
- NBC to use Dallas announcers for Sunday's B's/Stars game and that is OK
- GDT: #59| New York Islanders @ Detroit Red Wings | February 21st | 7:30 PM | F/TBD
- Guys - Beard Oil.... Do you use it?
- Proposal: Cgy-dal