The Columbus Blue Jackets were eliminated from playoff contention on the last day of the season when the Detroit Red Wings picked up their 24th victory to bring its point total to 56. Despite coming up a point short from its second trip to the playoffs, the new look Blue Jackets exceeded expectations after adding depth forwards Brandon Dubinsky and Artem Anisimov from New York. A mid-season trade brought Marian Gaborik over from the Rangers and the star winger finished with 27 points after posting 19 with New York.
Injuries forced the Columbus Blue Jackets to place both Cam Atkinson (lower body) and Matt Calvert (upper body) on injured reserve. With two spots open, Columbus looked no further than Springfield to fill its depth chart and on Wednesday night recalled Tim Erixon and Jonathan Audy-Marchessault from the AHL.
Below is the middle section Hockey’s Future’s NHL Team Rankings. The teams are ranked in terms of the quality of their overall prospect pool as voted on by the staff of Hockey's Future. For reference, just the top five prospects are listed. To be eligible, a prospect must meet HF's prospect criteria. The rankings are done twice a year, with the second scheduled to be published in the Spring.
- Prospect Info: Kasimir Kaskisuo interview (*Finnish)
- one day they'll find it and be reminded
- GDT: 03/25/17 - Canucks @ Wild - 1PM CT / 8PM Finland - FS-N
- Felix Potvin and the Leafs- where did it all go wrong?
- What caused Loui Eriksson and Troy Brouwer to decline so much?
- Need Help With Song From Detroit vs Tampa Bay