The Boston Bruins strength at the NHL level has always been down the middle and that is no different in their prospect system. The Bruins helped filled out some issues on the wing during the 2014 NHL Draft this past summer with first round pick David Pastrnak, but still remain thin along the boards.
The Boston Bruins have not been afraid to acquire prospects, whether by draft or trade. Love it or hate it, the Tyler Seguin trade gave the Bruins even more depth in their minor league system. Reilly Smith is currently in the NHL while Matt Fraser and Joe Morrow are considered to be close to NHL ready and valuable commodities.
The Boston Bruins are not the deepest team in minor league prospects, but some of the ones they do have could be impact prospects sooner than later. Ryan Spooner is off to a great start in Providence as one of the teams top scorers, in only his first year at the professional level. In goal Niklas Svedberg has jumped over Michael Hutchinson, and if he keeps up his solid play could end up being Tuukka Rask's back up sooner rather than later.
- In a points league and thinking of taking Holtby at #2 behind Crosby.
- GDT: Pre-Season Game 5 - Ducks @ Coyotes - 6:00PM
- Sooooo...what exactly was the conservative movement????
- Who will have more goals this year? (Coyle vs Nino)
- Do you think Mike Hoffman can score 40+ goals?
- Pre-Game Talk: Pre-Season | Game 4 | Canucks @ Sharks | 5 PM | Sportsnet 360