The American Hockey League concluded its 2013-14 season Tuesday night as the Texas Stars defeated the St. John’s IceCaps in overtime for the third straight game of the Calder Cup finals, claiming the championship in five games – the AHL Stars’ first Calder Cup Championship in franchise history.
The Western Conference ran away with most of the AHL team and player honors for the 2013-14 season, with the explosive offense from the Texas Stars overshadowing the league’s annual awards. The defending champion Grand Rapids Griffins also took home some hardware, but can the West keep the most important award – the Calder Cup trophy – in the conference?
The American Hockey League’s Western Conference is approaching the end of the first quarter, and the wild, wild west is producing some dynamic offensive hockey players.
- Sergi Bobrovski - Top Cop
- Can Crosby outscore McDavid anymore?
- Red Wings/Avalanche brawl is 20 years old
- GDT: #75| Nashville Predators @ New York Islanders | March 27th | 7:00 PM | F/TBD
- GDT: #76 | Senators at FLYERS | Tuesday, March 28, 2017 | 7:00 pm ET | TCN-PH, RDS2, TSN5
- GDT: Game 75: Arizona Clayton Kellers Vs. St. Louis Non-Kellers - 5 PM - FSAZ