In this special edition of Prospect Impressions, we kick off the first of our “Best of the Year” series with some of the best saves of the season. Goaltenders were featured heavily throughout the season, with a number of fine saves making their way into our highlight articles in 2015-16. There were a number of special efforts, including one goalie who made a save on his stomach, another who stymied a 2-on-0 breakaway, and a few glove saves that should be investigated for robbery. Read more»
The Calder Trophy is still up for grabs, and Artemi Panarin won’t let it get out of his grasp thanks to a little help from the NHL’s leading scorer. He had to wait 18 games to do it, but Tom Kuhnhackl made his first NHL goal look easy. In the AHL, Troy Grosenick added another entry into the Save of the Year category, only to be outdone by one of the AHL’s leading scorers. Plenty more action is available in this week’s Prospect Impressions! Read more»
Troy Grosenick and Michael McNiven lead the way with a pair of must-see saves. A pair of Finns showcase their skills, while the Czech Republic hopes David Pastrnak joins them in time for the World Junior Championship. Finally, the Pittsburgh Penguins put their spin on a holiday cult classic in this must-see edition of Prospect Impressions. Read more»
- Why are Russian players so much better at stick handling than another nationalities?
- Battle of The Slovaks: Bondra vs Palffy vs Gaborik
- Prospect Info: Ranking habs prospects: #27
- Team last name b vs team last name M vs team last name S (Active)
- Point projections for your team
- What is Tommy Lee Jones' most memorable role?