The Toronto Maple Leafs' cupboard is no longer bare, though it is certainly lacking high caliber offensive forwards. In previous years, the Leafs have been known to make rash signings and trades, paying little to no attention to the quality and continuity of their pipeline. They renewed their focus on drafting and development several ago and are only now slowly beginning to reap the benefits.
The additions of defensemen Morgan Rielly and Matt Finn at the 2012 NHL Draft have bolstered what was once a weak point in the Toronto Maple Leafs’ system. They are added to a list of names such as Korbinian Holzer, Jesse Blacker, Stuart Percy, and Petter Granberg that are in the fold currently. Each player offers a different dynamic that should complement the team’s defensive core if they continue to progress in their development.
- Pre-Game Talk: Game # 29 Leafs at Bruins
- GDT: Game #29 12/10 7 PM - Toronto at BRUINS | NESN, CBC, NHL (US), 98.5 WBZ-FM
- Thoughts now that we are 33% of the way through the season
- What are some memorable shifts that you will never forget???
- Chris Neil 1,000th game
- GDT: Airplanes at Flames on HNIC! Dec. 10 at 8pm MT