Having a senior class that can guide a mostly younger team is crucial in not only the success of the program but also in the development of their younger players. But, over the last several years, few NCAA teams have been hit harder by non-graduating player departures than Northeastern University.
Because the 2008 draft class produced so many big name stars, the other prospects that have yet to make the big show yet are often held to unrealistic standards, and written off as busts too soon. Zach Bogosian's future with the Jets/Thrashers franchise was in doubt at one point, and only in the 2011-12 season did he really show what the front office saw in him to take him third overall.
The Winnipeg Jets continue to rebuild their prospect pool, led by Mark Scheifele and Jacob Trouba. In the past two entry drafts, Jets' General Manager Kevin Cheveldayoff has started to realize a vision of a bigger, tougher, and grittier team. While the rebuild started with the 2011 Draft, solid progress is already being made. Below is a breakdown of all current prospects of the Winnipeg Jets.
- Why do players get so much flak for not having a Cup on their resume?
- Value of: Evander Kane To Vancouver
- 54th Obsequious Banter Thread - Studio 54 Edition
- 07/26/2016 08:10 PM ET - New York Yankees at Houston Astros
- 07/26/2016 07:10 PM ET - Chicago Cubs at Chicago White Sox
- 07/26/2016 07:10 PM ET - Washington Nationals at Cleveland Indians