Prior to the trade deadline, the St. Louis Blues tried to acquire enough talent to make a push for the Stanley Cup. While the additions of Jay Bouwmeester and Jordan Leopold helped solidify the depth and experience of their blue line, they were unsuccessful in making a run for a championship and lost both young talent and draft picks in the process. In the Bouwmeester deal, the Blues gave up Mark Cundari, Reto Berra, and a conditional first round draft pick, which would be exercised if the Blues made the playoffs. The Blues did make the playoffs and were forced to give up their 2013 first round draft pick to the Calgary Flames.
In what is looking like it will come down to a two-player race, Florida winger Jonathan Huberdeau, who continues to lead the disappointing Florida Panthers in scoring, and 20-year-old Brendan Gallagher, who has played a key role for the surprising Montreal Canadiens, have begun to move clear from the rest of the rookie field.
While picking the top NHL prospect is never an easy task, it was particularly difficult in the Spring Top 50 rankings as there were several candidates worthy of consideration for top prospect. Many prospects performed at a high level this season, particularly in the NHL, where a truncated regular season has seen over 125 rookies lace up for at least one game.
- 07/23/2016 09:30 PM ET - UFC on Fox 20 - Bantamweight 5 rounds
- 07/23/2016 09:00 PM ET - UFC on Fox 20 - Lightweight 3 rounds
- Speculation: Who gets more money on the open market Marchand or Hoffman?
- 07/23/2016 08:30 PM ET - UFC on Fox 20 - Heavyweight 3 rounds
- 07/23/2016 08:00 PM ET - UFC on Fox 20 - Strawweight 3 rounds
- 07/23/2016 09:05 PM ET - Tampa Bay Rays at Oakland Athletics