The 2010-11 season was one of the last standout seasons in a long line of playoff seasons for the Detroit Red Wings. Keep in mind, this was prior to the realignment that resulted in the current divisional format, so the Detroit Red Wings were (somewhat unfairly) still in the Western Conference. Read more»
The AHL All-Star Classic is wacky, fun-filled event that doesn’t reflect a real hockey game.
And the 2016 edition of the event in Syracuse, New York took it to a new level. Instead of a traditional game, the AHL adopted a divisional-based, round-robin tournament with the games split between 4-on-4 and 3-on-3 play. Read more»
Xavier Ouellet is embracing every moment of the 2016 AHL All-Star Classic in Syracuse, New York.
The Detroit Red Wings prospect and Grand Rapids Griffins defenseman was selected as an All-Star in 2015 but had to miss the game due to injury. That made the honor and chance to play in 2016 “even more special.” Read more»
The long-discussed rebuild in Detroit has yet to come and the Red Wings scouting staff is doing their best to make sure that no such rebuild has to take place.
With recent graduations to the NHL like Teemu Pulkkinen and Dylan Larkin – the latter of whom leads all NHL rookies in goals with 11 – there are still several prospects plying their trade at the AHL level looking to be the next call-up to help keep the Red Wings going.
- Overused lines by broadcasters/panel guys during playoffs that make you mad
- GDT: ECQF GAME 6 - Ottawa (3) at BRUINS (2) - Part II
- Generational Talents' Most Salient Skills
- Joe Sakic the best wrist shot in NHL history?
- Equipment: Looking for a pair of Warrior Remix LE gloves in Hartford colours
- WWE: Monday Night Raw 170 - Taking out the trash