It has been a gradual change, but the draft picks that have been laying in wait for the Detroit Red Wings have started to make their impact on the team’s NHL roster. As some graduate to the NHL others have filled their spots in the AHL, leaving Detroit’s system very top-heavy with prospects playing professionally.
The AHL’s Midwest Division features several talented incoming rookies including Rockford’s Teuvo Teravainen and Grand Rapids’ Anthony Mantha, as well as several key prospects entering their second pro season such as Chicago’s Ty Rattie and the duo of Miikka Salomaki and Colton Sissons in Milwaukee. Read more»
It seemed as though Detroit's much lauded playoff streak would come to an end in 2013-14 until a mid-season influx of young talent bolstered the ranks and reinvigorated a floundering Detroit Red Wings team. Prospects such as Riley Sheahan and Tomas Jurco were initially called up to fill in for injured NHL players, but they performed at such a high level that they never relinquished their jobs.
- In a points league and thinking of taking Holtby at #2 behind Crosby.
- GDT: Pre-Season Game 5 - Ducks @ Coyotes - 6:00PM
- Sooooo...what exactly was the conservative movement????
- Who will have more goals this year? (Coyle vs Nino)
- Do you think Mike Hoffman can score 40+ goals?
- Pre-Game Talk: Pre-Season | Game 4 | Canucks @ Sharks | 5 PM | Sportsnet 360