With several scattered injuries at the NHL level, including blue chip defenseman Jacob Trouba at one point, no less than seven AHL regulars have seen spot duty with the Winnipeg Jets this season. When not plugging holes at the NHL level, the St. John's IceCaps have provided stingy opposition to the rest of the AHL this season.
The Winnipeg Jets finished the season ninth overall in the Eastern Conference, just four points out of the playoffs. On the whole however, it was a disappointing season for the organization. Although they showed fight down to the final week of the shortened season, several flaws in the team makeup became evident as the season wore on, and there are areas of concern that must be addressed in the upcoming draft.
Because the 2008 draft class produced so many big name stars, the other prospects that have yet to make the big show yet are often held to unrealistic standards, and written off as busts too soon. Zach Bogosian's future with the Jets/Thrashers franchise was in doubt at one point, and only in the 2011-12 season did he really show what the front office saw in him to take him third overall.
- Japanese Ice Hockey Prodigy Aito Iguchi
- 10/02/2016 01:00 PM - Buffalo Bills at New England Patriots
- 10/02/2016 01:00 PM - Cleveland Browns at Washington Redskins
- 10/02/2016 09:30 AM - Indianapolis Colts vs Jacksonville Jaguars - London
- The 2016-17 Ultimate Pool Preview is officially out!
- Expansion question