The Oilers’ roster has been somewhat of a revolving door when it comes to prospect call-ups, with a number of young talented players earning a cup of coffee at the NHL level.
Team Depth Chart of NHL Prospects
- Size and depth on the blueline
- Wingers with a wide range of skills
- Lack of size, depth down the middle
- No bonafide power play QB on the blueline
- Lack of elite goaltending prospect
Legend of Players' Leagues
- Playing in N.A. Pro (NHL, AHL, ECHL, etc.)
- Playing in CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL)
- Playing in NCAA
- Playing in Europe
- Playing in Junior 'A' (USHL, BCHL, AJHL, etc.)
- Not Categorized Yet
Changes are afoot within the Edmonton Oilers organization – most notably with the firing of head coach Dallas Eakins and the promotion of former Oklahoma City Barons head coach Todd Nelson to interim head coach of the Oilers. Also important to note in this year’s minor league update is the dissolution of the relationship between the Edmonton Oilers and the Oklahoma City Barons, effective at the end of the 2014-15 season. It has been reported that in 2015-16, the Oilers’ farm team will be relocating to Bakersfield, California, where the Oilers-owned ECHL team, the Bakersfield Condors, currently play.
It’s been a total upheaval in the standings in the AHL‘s Western Conference from last spring through the first third of the 2014-15 season. Two of the top four teams in the conference last season aren’t even in the top nine currently – Grand Rapids (9th) and Toronto (12th) – leaving the Western Conference wide open as teams head into the middle third of the schedule amidst the height of injuries and call-ups. Read more»
As exciting as hockey players are on the ice, they are notorious for being boring off the ice. If you’ve heard one post-game interview, you’ve heard them all. Most hockey players respond to questions with the same robotic cliches – “We, uhh, just need to, uhh,focus on the, uhhh, next game. We need to just, uhhh, continue to play our, uh, style of game; play a full, uh, 60 minutes, get, uh, pucks in deep and finish our checks, get shots on, uh, net, and create, uh, chances…uh.” Read more»
With the Edmonton Oilers making news across the National Hockey League in recent weeks for many of the wrong reasons, one wonders what the effect might be on prospects eyeing up opportunities to break into the organization. The recent history suggests it’s a tough gig for players selected beyond the first round by the Oilers. Read more»
- Just got Back from the Yankee`s game and...
- Vancouver Canucks Top 25 + 1 Prospects 2015 - #26 (Clenden-who? Edition)
- Trade: Sam Dyson to Rangers
- OT: MLB Thread Part IX: Mets Get Yoenis/Yanks Quiet
- Trade: [PIT/SEA] J.A. Happ to Pirates for P Adrian Sampson
- Trade: [PIT/LAD] Michael Morse and cash to Pittsburgh for Jose Tabata