When the New York Islanders re-assigned rookie forward Ryan Strome to their AHL affiliate in Bridgeport before the NHL went on a two-week break for the Olympics, the message to Strome was pretty simple, at least how Strome relayed what he was told to the inquiring media in Philadelphia after the Sound Tigers win over the Adirondack Phantoms.
With the NHL on a two-week Olympic hiatus, several top prospects were sent down to their respective AHL teams, with several teams in the Eastern Conference receiving reinforcements.
For some clubs, the quick spike in depth provided almost instant results. For others, the "better on paper" lineup caused a downgrade in the team's on-ice performance.
With the American Hockey League season passing the midway point, a great deal of young prospects have already made some noise with their respective NHL clubs while others continue to adjust to the pro-style game.
- Player Discussion: Lineup the IIII
- Holland's Replacement
- Recalled/Assigned: 03/07/14 - Luke Adam and Nicolas Deslauriers Recalled from Amerks
- GM Game #7 by TP, AM, and IR
- Pre-Game Talk: 2014 NHL Entry Draft - Part II
- Confirmed with Link: [MTL/NYI] Thomas Vanek & cond'l 5th for Sebastian Collberg & cond'l 2nd PART 2