SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League announced today that Rockford IceHogs right wing Kyle Beach has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending Nov. 4, 2012.
Prior to the NHL lockout, there was an enormous amount of talk regarding the free agent status of a young player who hadn’t even played in an NHL game. A second-round pick of the Anaheim Ducks in 2008, Justin Schultz became the most sought after off-season free agent when he was left unsigned following a stellar collegiate career at the University of Wisconsin. And where would you expect a young phenom to land these days? With the Edmonton Oilers, of course. The 22-year-old signed a two-year deal with the club that already features an embarrassment of under-23 future superstars.
Lockout. It's on the tip of the tongue of every person involved with hockey right now.
As the Collective Bargaining Agreement's expiration date of September 15th approaches, a work stoppage between the NHL and the NHL Player's Association (the third such interruption over the last 18 years) is seemingly inevitable at this point. Not only will a lockout affect the individual teams and their staff and personnel, as well as the players, but a work stoppage in hockey's top league will have a trickle down effect for many prospects at various levels around the world.
- Series Talk: CDSF: (1) Colorado Avalanche vs. (4) Minnesota Wild
- GDT: Avs vs. Wild Game 1: 9:30pm EST/7:30pm MST: Call of Noobs Avalanche Edition
- Series Talk: CDSF: (2) St. Louis Blues vs (3) Chicago Blackhawks
- Post Game Talk: 4/17/14 Hawks Drop Game 1 in Triple OT
- The Ducks playoff uniforms are awful
- Post Game Talk: Avs vs. Wild Game 1 : 9:30pm EST/7:30pm MST: Pay Stastny what he wants !!!