The Spring edition of the Hockey's Future ranking of the Top 50 NHL prospects begins with the prospects ranked 41-50. The emergence of many new rookies in the truncated NHL season presented the ranking committee with a formidable challenge. The result is a diverse group of prospects at different stages in their development, from those on the verge of NHL stardom to project players who are still years away from helping their NHL club on a nightly basis.
With the lockout-shortened season, most teams will reach the midway point of their 48 game season sometime over the next week. In terms of the race for the 2013 Calder Trophy, most of the front-runners from the season's opening month continued to shine.
Willie Coetzee refuses to use this year’s earlier NHL lockout as an excuse for currently playing for the ECHL’s Toledo Walleye. There is a reason why the Detroit Red Wings decided to keep the 5'10”, 180-pound forward in the ECHL instead of letting him build off of his 2010 campaign (11 goals, 11 assists) with the team's American Hockey League affiliate in Grand Rapids, MI.
- NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 14
- GDT: WCSF Game #5 San Jose SHARKS @ Los Angeles Kings Thur 23 May 2013 7:30pm PDT TSN
- OT: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs
- GDT: WCSF Gm#5 | KINGS#5 vs. SHARKS#6 | Thursday, 5/23/’13 @ 7:30pm PT | NBC-SN, TSN, RDS
- Around The League LXIII
- #1 Thing you will be looking for next season