It's been an exciting eight months for Danny Kristo. The 23-year-old winger for the Hartford Wolf Pack – the AHL affiliate of the New York Rangers – has gone from playing in the NCAA national quarter-final at the University of North Dakota to playing in the last stretch of a losing season with the AHL's Hamilton Bulldogs, and now establishing himself as a star with the Wolf Pack following a July trade.
The Hockey's Future Calder Trophy poll for November reflected the depth of the 2013-14 rookie class as 22 players received votes from members of the staff. This month's Top 10 was impacted by several early season call-ups who have emerged while a handful of players who opened the season with a bang but then cooled off are no longer in this month's Top 10 (actually eleven since there was a tie for the 10th spot).
The American Hockey League’s Western Conference is approaching the end of the first quarter, and the wild, wild west is producing some dynamic offensive hockey players.
After a slow start to the 2013-14 season, the Rochester Americans seem to have righted the ship heading into November. A big part of their recent success has been two defensemen that are poised to play at the next level in the very near future.
- GDT: Game #64 | Detroit Red Wings @ New York Rangers | 12:30 PM EST | NBC
- GDT: Red Wings @ Rangers - 12:30 PM - NBC
- Pre-Game Talk: Pens at Capitals, March 10th, 2014
- I give up on the following...
- Injury Report: Price Back on the Ice, Gorges with minor fracture to a hand
- Watch how the Leafs tighten things up come playoff time....