The Calgary Flames couldn’t let their rivals to the north hog all the first NHL goal accolades this week. The Edmonton Oilers had a couple of their youngsters net first goals within a couple days of one another, so the Flames’ Michael Ferland got into the act, as well, as he posted his first – the eventual game-winner – in his team’s 5-2 win over the Nashville Predators. Read more»
The defending Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings are making a late-season push to secure a place in the 2015 postseason, with Kings rookie forward Nick Shore making his own contribution to the cause. Shore scored the first goal of the game for the Kings – his first NHL goal – to help get his team moving towards a 3-2 victory over the New York Islanders. Read more»
All three CHL leagues begin playoff action this weekend. There are three particularly interesting games on hand, games that feature a mix of high-end prospects and valuable role players as teams in the OHL, QMJHL, and WHL collide. Meanwhile, the NCAA Tournament begins this weekend, and one matchup in particular is worthy of extra attention. In the AHL, two top scorers from far different backgrounds clash as the AHL season starts to wind down. Read more»
- Value of: Cogliano or Hagelin or Helm to Minnesota?
- PDSF: (2) Vancouver Canucks vs. (3) Calgary Flames - Part III (Series 1-1)
- GDT: WCQF Game 2 • 4/18/15 • Wild @ Blues • 2:00 PM CT/10:00 PM Suomi • NBC
- Hamhuis + Engelland Suspensions Incoming?
- Flames vs Canucks line brawl
- Post-Game Talk: Flames Lose 4-1, FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!