With the lockout-shortened season, most teams will reach the midway point of their 48 game season sometime over the next week. In terms of the race for the 2013 Calder Trophy, most of the front-runners from the season's opening month continued to shine.
Willie Coetzee refuses to use this year’s earlier NHL lockout as an excuse for currently playing for the ECHL’s Toledo Walleye. There is a reason why the Detroit Red Wings decided to keep the 5'10”, 180-pound forward in the ECHL instead of letting him build off of his 2010 campaign (11 goals, 11 assists) with the team's American Hockey League affiliate in Grand Rapids, MI.
With the end of the lockout and the abbreviated 48-game season, the opportunities for NHL rookies to make an impression is somewhat limited. Many of the top teams, such as the defending Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings, head into the season with their lineups virtually intact from the 2011-12 season.
- HOH Top Players of All-Time #1
- Top 20 Defensemen Going into the 14-15 NHL Season: #19
- News Article: SI: Toronto among 3 other cities due for expansion teams in 2017
- Sport Business News's Bloom: NHL Expanding to Four Cities by 2017
- Future HHOF players on YOUR team
- I want this fingernail polish (and will give to all my nieces and newphews, cousins)