After being cut from the United States World Junior team last winter, John Gaudreau had doubts about his hockey career. But in fact, being cut has helped Gaudreau take his game to the next level for Boston College.
Team Depth Chart of NHL Prospects
- 3rd/4th line forwards
- Grit and leadership
- Offensive Defenseman
- First line forward talent
Legend of Players' Leagues
- Playing in N.A. Pro (NHL, AHL, ECHL, etc.)
- Playing in CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL)
- Playing in NCAA
- Playing in Europe
- Playing in Junior 'A' (USHL, BCHL, AJHL, etc.)
- Not Categorized Yet
Having just missed out on the 2012 post-season, the Calgary Flames were in almost the exact same draft spot headed into the 2012 NHL Draft (14th overall) as they were in 2011 (13th overall). The organization did not stand pat at that position however and traded back seven spots with the Buffalo Sabres, picking up a second round pick in the process.
The Calgary Flames currently own the 14th overall pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. Last year, the Flames drafted Swiss forward, Sven Baertschi, who has since dominated the WHL by producing a two-point per game pace. This upcoming draft will yet again be a big step for the Calgary Flames, as they attempt find another gem midway through the first round.
Below is the bottom third of the ranking of the prospect depth of the NHL organizations as voted by the Hockey's Future staff. To determine the ranking, each team's entire prospect pool was taken into consideration. For reference, just the top five prospects are listed. To be eligible, a prospect must meet HF's prospect criteria. The rankings are done twice each season, in the fall and spring.
Fred Kfoury/Icon SMI)
Sophomore Bill Arnold has been a key contributor to Boston College's success not only on the offensive side, but on the defensive side as well. In February, he became the hero of the Beanpot Championship after scoring the game-winner in overtime to defeat nemesis Boston University 3-2.
- Series Talk: Eastern Semifinal: (4) Boston Bruins vs. (6) New York Rangers
- Was the 1999 NHL Entry Draft the worst one you can remember?
- Kari Lehtonen is the best goalie in the NHL right now
- Memorial Cup Thread Part II
- Series Talk: Eastern Semifinal: (1) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (7) Ottawa Senators - Part IV
- The Out of Town Thread part LIX - All Talk From Around the League Here