The Chicago Blackhawks selected eight players at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, including four forwards, two defensemen, and two goaltenders. The club's top selection, Finnish forward Teuvo Teravainen, was the lone European prospect selected in this year's class while there were four Canadian Major Junior prospects and three NCAA-bound players drafted out of the Junior A and high school levels.
Team Depth Chart of NHL Prospects
- Overall depth of system is strong
- Defensive prospects mix size with mobility
- Depth and talent of center prospects
- Lack of an elite goaltending prospect
- Little depth on wings, particularly right side
Legend of Players' Leagues
- Playing in N.A. Pro (NHL, AHL, ECHL, etc.)
- Playing in CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL)
- Playing in NCAA
- Playing in Europe
- Playing in Junior 'A' (USHL, BCHL, AJHL, etc.)
- Not Categorized Yet
The Chicago Blackhawks enter the 2012 offseason with one of the deepest prospects pools in the league, but that fact does little to make up for two consecutive first round playoff exits. Rather than expecting new faces in Chicago, there will instead be plenty of competition in training camp to decide the team's roster heading into the 2012-13 season.
Below is the final part of Hockey's Future's 2012 Spring Organizational Rankings. The rankings were determined by taking each NHL team's entire prospect pool into consideration as well as the likelihood those prospects are to meet their maximum potential. For reference, each team's top five prospects are included, as well as the players they have graduated, traded, or added to their pool over the 2011-12 season. To be eligible, a player must meet HF's prospect criteria. The rankings are done twice each season, in the fall and spring.
The Blackhawks prospect pipeline saw plenty of playoff action but only one prospect, Boston College's Kevin Hayes, was able to capture a league championship. Several other prospects, such as Brandon Saad and Mac Carruth, had strong performances but were not enough to push their team towards the ultimate prize. In Hockey's Future's new team playoff update, we take a look around the world at some of the more notable playoff performances by Chicago prospects.
Chris Pondy/Icon SMI)
Chicago Blackhawks forward Viktor Stalberg just completed his second full season in the NHL and put up a career high 22 goals and 43 points in 79 games. For the first time since a U-20 performance in 2005, Stalberg was nominated to represent his native country in international play once the Blackhawks were knocked out of the playoffs. This was a nomination he didn’t hesitate to accept.
- Spencer Abbott
- Mathieu Brisebois
- Mac Carruth
- Liam Coughlin
- John Dahlstrom
- Dennis Gilbert
- Ryan Haggerty
- Sam Jardine
- Luke Johnson
- Tanner Kero
- Drew LeBlanc
- Jake Massie
- Nick Mattson
- Ivan Nalimov
- Robin Norell
- Robin Press
- Datsyuk vs. Larkin
- NFL - Week 12 - November 29, 2015 - 8:30 PM EST - New England @ Denver
- NFL - Week 12 - November 29, 2015 - 4:25 PM EST - Pittsburgh @ Seattle
- Rule change: Should you be able to decline a penalty shot in favor of a PP?
- NFL - Week 12 - November 29, 2015 - 4:05 PM EST - Arizona @ San Francisco
- NFL - Week 12 - November 29, 2015 - 1:00 PM EST - San Diego @ Jacksonville