Welcome to the January 2015 edition of On the Rush, a monthly column featuring prospects at various levels of competition who are either exceeding expectations or falling a little behind.
Team Depth Chart of NHL Prospects
- Depth and talent of center prospects
- Defensive prospects mix size with mobility
- Overall depth of system is strong
- Little depth on wings, particularly right side
- Lack of an elite goaltending prospect
Legend of Players' Leagues
- Playing in N.A. Pro (NHL, AHL, ECHL, etc.)
- Playing in CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL)
- Playing in NCAA
- Playing in Europe
- Playing in Junior 'A' (USHL, BCHL, AJHL, etc.)
- Not Categorized Yet
Filip Forsberg of Nashville and Calgary’s Johnny Gaudreau continue to hold the top two spots in the Hockey’s Future staff Calder Trophy Poll for December while Florida defenseman Aaron Ekblad has also begun to separate himself from the rest of the field — making it look like this year’s award will come down to one of those three players. Read more»
Chicago Blackhawks rookie forward Teuvo Teravainen probably hoped for a different outcome after scoring his first NHL goal in his team’s 4-2 loss to the Winnipeg Jets. Teravainen’s goal came in the third period and drew the Blackhawks to within one of the Jets, but Chicago couldn’t even it up after that. Read more»
The 2013–2014 season was not kind to the Rockford IceHogs. Inconsistency with scoring and goaltending led to a 35-32-5-4 record, resulting in Rockford missing the playoffs for the fourth straight season.
It’s been a total upheaval in the standings in the AHL‘s Western Conference from last spring through the first third of the 2014-15 season. Two of the top four teams in the conference last season aren’t even in the top nine currently – Grand Rapids (9th) and Toronto (12th) – leaving the Western Conference wide open as teams head into the middle third of the schedule amidst the height of injuries and call-ups. Read more»
- PGDT-Poll: SCP Game 3| Capitals @ Islanders | Players of the Game Poll | PO Edition | F/TBD
- Who is the best Sharks coach in history?
- Newcomer Garbowsky feels at home in Rochester
- Proposal: Lucic for grabner+
- NBA: San Antonio Spurs at Los Angeles Clippers, 19/4, 10:30PM EST
- NBA: Memphis Grizzlies at Portland Trail Blazers, 19/4, 8:00PM EST