At the 2014 World Junior Championship in Malmö, Sweden, the Czech Republic had a simple goal of reaching the quarterfinals, at the least. That mission was accomplished and it was a successful tournament for the Czechs, even though it looked at times like they could have gone farther.
The second quarterfinal contest taking place on Thursday at the 2014 World Junior Championship features Finland facing off against the Czech Republic. Finland was probably the more accomplished of the two teams during the preliminary round, but not by so wide a margin that a Czech victory is unthinkable.
The 2014 World Junior Championship is set to begin Thursday in Malmö, Sweden with the Czech Republic squad looking to surprise some observers. The Czechs performed well last year in Ufa, Russia, beating Latvia, Switzerland and Finland before being eliminated by the United States in the quarterfinals following a 7-0 victory for the Americans. The Czechs ended last year's WJC in fifth place, but may be hard pressed to equal that accomplishment this year.
- TV: True Detective (Part II)
- GDT: #63 - Pittsburgh vs Anaheim - Let's teach them a lesson!
- Pre-Game Talk: Blues @ Avs | Saturday, March 8th, 1pm MT | Start up the Bandwagon
- 4-5 years from now, Calle Jarnkrok will be a...
- Republicans vote to deny veterans benefits
- OT: 1st OFFICIAL HFStars Meet Up - Retirement Night (3/08) - Katy Trail Ice House