The Czech Republic came to the 2014 IIHF U18 World Championship believing that they had a squad capable of bringing home a medal, maybe even a golden one. So far, so good for the Czechs as they advanced to the U18 semi-finals with a 3-2 overtime win over Russia in one of four quarterfinal matches that took place on Thursday.
The preliminary round of the 2014 IIHF U18 World Championship is over and the playoff match-ups are set. Despite the odd surprise performances to start off the tournament, the teams have finished off group play in a manner conducive with most expectations coming in. Take a look at who’s up against whom in the playoffs and who you should expect to move on to the next round.
Twelve months ago in Sochi, the Czech Republic's U18 squad was at the beginning of what could be a beautiful ride that could see the Czechs finally grabbing a medal at the IIHF Under-18 World Championship. This year's U18 team from this Central European nation has grown and matured since last year's competition, and is now looking more like a medal contender.
- Blackhawks have been playing around .500 hockey since Kane injury
- Prospect Info: Flames sign Austin Carroll to ELC
- PGDT-Poll: #75| Los Angeles Kings @ New York Islanders | Players of the Game Poll | F/TBD
- Confirmed Signing with Link: Blackhawks sign F Kyle Baun
- Proposal: Toronto - Jersey
- Confirmed with Link: Blackhawks sign college UFA Kyle Baun