As part of a prospect pool bursting at the seams, the Dallas Stars have a wealth of talent at the junior level in the midst of the 2013-14 season.
Team Depth Chart of NHL Prospects
- Upper-echelon forwards are progressing nicely.
- Copious amounts of sizeable, defensive defensemen.
- Tremendous amount of overall depth.
- Few prospects expected to reach "elite" or "gamebreaker" status.
- Recent grabs for offensive d-men came up short.
- Goaltending depth is limited in quantity and quality.
Legend of Players' Leagues
- Playing in N.A. Pro (NHL, AHL, ECHL, etc.)
- Playing in CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL)
- Playing in NCAA
- Playing in Europe
- Playing in Junior 'A' (USHL, BCHL, AJHL, etc.)
- Not Categorized Yet
The first quarter of the Swedish Hockey League’s 2013-14 season has come and passed, and there’s plenty to be happy about in the scouting community. The number of young, recently drafted players currently dotting the rosters of both SHL and Allsvenskan (second highest men’s professional league in Sweden) clubs is about as impressive as ever, as professional teams continue to have little concern about going to battle with line-ups that often only feature an average age of 23-25.
Hockey's Future presents the top grouping of the Fall NHL Team Rankings. The staff's ranking of each NHL team's system is based on the strength of the entire prospect pool. For reference, just the top five prospects are listed. To be eligible, a prospect must meet HF's prospect criteria. The rankings are done twice a year, with this ranking meant to represent the state of the prospect pools in the early stages of the 2013-14 season.
The Dallas Stars, amid management and coaching changes, have gathered quite an impressive herd of prospects in recent years. The aforementioned front office changes obviously have a trickle-down effect with regard to the on-ice product and as a result, many of these terrific prospects have gotten at least a taste of NHL action.
He may sometimes feel like a fish out of water, but it’s a sensation that Radek Faksa has had plenty of experience with. But when that water’s frozen and he’s strapped on the blades, few OHL players look as natural — or at home — on the ice as the Dallas Stars’ Czech Republic-born first rounder.
- News Article: Ron MacLean forced to defend himself after comment about French-Canadian referees
- OT: Association Football Thread (New York Red Bulls, USMNT, And All Soccer Discussion)
- Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospect Thread
- Around the League LXIII
- Advanced Stats and the 2014 Playoffs Penguins
- Speculation: 1st Goal Prediction Game (2014 Playoff Edition)