Leaves are falling and temperatures are dropping, which means the much anticipated return of hockey. While there may be no NHL training camps this September, there are already games being played by many NHL prospects. Below is a rundown of some Red Wings prospects to watch during the upcoming season at each level of the game.
Team Depth Chart of NHL Prospects
- Versatile forwards.
- Most defenders possess good mobility.
- Goaltending depth suspect.
- Lack of sizable forwards.
Legend of Players' Leagues
- Playing in N.A. Pro (NHL, AHL, ECHL, etc.)
- Playing in CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL)
- Playing in NCAA
- Playing in Europe
- Playing in Junior 'A' (USHL, BCHL, AJHL, etc.)
- Not Categorized Yet
The Detroit Red Wings came into the 2012 NHL Entry Draft in Pittsburgh with only six picks, including no first-rounder, and elected to see those picks through without making any moves. The Wings 2012 draft class had a familiar flavor to it as well. Their first selection was highly skilled Czech Martin Frk from Halifax (QMJHL) and their last selection was an enormous Swede that only Hakan Andersson could spot.
Stocked and ready with skilled players, the Detroit Red Wings continue to supply Joe Louis Arena with world-class skill on a nightly basis. With a number of prospects set to make the transition from either the junior game to the pro game or the AHL to the NHL, the inaugural edition of the HF Prospect Awards is ripe with noteworthy names.
After a first round ousting at the hands of Nashville Predators, the Detroit Red Wings are in the midst of their longest off-season since 2006, and maybe their most important in recent memory. The Red Wings have made the playoffs every year since 1991 and every year since 1992 they've had Nicklas Lidstrom manning their blue line. Certainly one of those streaks is ending in 2012-13, but the Wings certainly have enough in the tank and the pipeline to be a very strong team for the future.
- Series where you thought the turning point had occurred...
- GDT: #12 – Sabres at Penguins – Sat Nov 1, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, SN1 – WGR
- GDT: Los Angeles Kings at Carolina Hurricanes — November 2, 2014, 2:00 p.m. (PST)
- Can NJD make it to the playoffs?
- What if the NHL embraced the future of sports gambling, similar to Adam Silvers take?
- GDT: Jets @ Rangers Oct 31st 2014 - 6pm Central Time