The 2013 World Junior Championship tournament did not go as Team Finland had hoped, with that country playing in the relegation round and finishing a disappointing seventh. While winning a medal seemed like a daunting task for Finland given the amount of talent available to all of the teams this year, it was generally felt that the team would at the very least compete in the playoff round.
For hockey fans across the globe, the preliminary round of the 2013 IIHF WJC has been just about everything anyone had ever hoped for. There’s been no lack of tension, rivalries, intrigue and background stories that have come together to make this tournament the type that fans everywhere crave.
At the 2012 World Junior Championship, much of the focus was on high profile forwards Mikael Granlund and Teemu Pulkkinen – veterans of previous tournaments who were making one last attempt to win a gold medal. While Finland came up short of that goal, losing to eventual champion Sweden in a shootout in the semifinals, the team's fourth place finish would have to be considered a success.
- Peter Holland's next step.
- MLD 2014 Quarterfinals - Montagu Allan - (2)Lahti Pelicans vs. (3)Carolina Hurricanes
- Player Discussion: 2014-2015 Lineup Discussion : Part II
- MLD 2014 Quarterfinals - Montagu Allan - (1) Idaho Steelheads vs. (4) MB Bulldogs
- How screwed would your team be?
- MLD 2014 Quarterfinals - Mickey Ion - (2) Pittsburgh vs. (3) Clarenville