Team Finland has scored 17 goals so far at the 2016 IIHF U18 World Championship. Forward Eeli Tolvanen (Sioux City – USHL) has netted six of those goals, with three of those goals coming in his country’s 4-3 quaterfinal win over Russia. Read more»
In what ended up being the closest of the four quarterfinal matches at the 2016 IIHF U18 World Championship, Team Finland defeated Russia by a 4-3 score.
A goal by by Russian forward Yaroslav Alexeyev (MVD Balashikha – RUS) drew his team within one of Finland with 7:29 remaining in the third period, but Russia could not produce the equalizer in the remaining time. Read more»
Mikko Rantanen didn’t plan on or expect to win the Dudley (Red) Garrett Memorial Award as the American Hockey League’s outstanding rookie.
The 19-year-old Finland native and Colorado Avalanche prospect knew he had a strong season, but looking across the league he knew the goal-per-game rate (albeit in less games) of the Providence Bruins’ Frank Vatrano would be tough to beat. Read more»
Team Finland played a strong, 60-minute game and was able to overcome an equally strong goaltending performance by Denmark’s Kasper Krog to defeat the Danes by a 4-1 score at the 2016 IIHF U18 World Championship. Read more»
- Why do players get so much flak for not having a Cup on their resume?
- Value of: Evander Kane To Vancouver
- 54th Obsequious Banter Thread - Studio 54 Edition
- 07/26/2016 08:10 PM ET - New York Yankees at Houston Astros
- 07/26/2016 07:10 PM ET - Chicago Cubs at Chicago White Sox
- 07/26/2016 07:10 PM ET - Washington Nationals at Cleveland Indians