Forward Steve Moses is in his first year of pro hockey with Jokerit in Finland's SM-Liiga. He is currently the second-leading scorer for Jokerit behind veteran Ilari Filppula. Moses played for the AHL's Connecticut Whale at the end of last season after completing his college career at the University of New Hampshire.
Sitting in a sea of peacoats, it’s difficult to feel unique.
The idea of scouting as an exercise in finding diamonds in the rough is long dead. This is particularly evident at talent gatherings like the Four Nations Tournament, which took place from November 6th thru the 10th in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
The 2011-12 SM-Liiga season was one of opportunity for several young players – as the continued exodus of top flight veterans from the Finnish national league to the KHL or North America allowed some of the top Finnish juniors to make an impact with their respective clubs.
The annual Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament, considered by some to be the most prestigeous international hockey competition of players under eighteen years of age, was held last week in Břeclav, Czech Republic, and Piešťany, Slovakia. And as is usually the case in the world of hockey, some results and statistics were simply surprising.
- Official 2013-14 "Stay Positive/ Silver Linings" Thread
- Coyotes prepared to host an outdoor game
- Useless Thread MXIV: Warning: Will Cause Love <3
- Movies: Who were the Best Actors from 73-92?
- Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XVII)
- GDT: Game #33: Vancouver Canucks vs Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00PM PST - SNET-P