With one of the deepest and most talented prospect pools in the league, it should come as no surprise that the Florida Panthers have prospects in the post-season at almost every level imaginable, from the WHL to the AHL to the European leagues.
Team Depth Chart of NHL Prospects
- Quality depth at center and defense.
- Size, speed, and grit at every position
- High-end goaltending.
- Lack of true, top-end offensive defenseman.
- Uncertain depth on RW.
Legend of Players' Leagues
- Playing in N.A. Pro (NHL, AHL, ECHL, etc.)
- Playing in CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL)
- Playing in NCAA
- Playing in Europe
- Playing in Junior 'A' (USHL, BCHL, AJHL, etc.)
- Not Categorized Yet
Putting together the inaugural prospect awards for the Florida Panthers organization was no easy task given their extraordinary depth of talent. The final results were chosen by the team writer with input from the rest of the Hockey’s Future staff. Most categories could have had more than one winner.
Brace Hemmelgarn/Icon SMI)
Minnesota sophomore Nick Bjugstad (FLA) has been a key cog in the success of the Minnesota Golden Gophers this season. He currently leads the team with 25 goals and ranks on the team with 42 points, centering one of the nation's most dynamic lines that includes fellow Florida Panthers prospect Kyle Rau and redshirted sophomore Zach Budish (NSH).
enviable position: 4 picks in the Top 50, and the draft in their home court.
the Florida Panthers have the chance to stock their bare cupboards with some
blue-chip talent, and possibly bring in some older talent to help them compete
in the near future. As with any bottom-feeder squad, there are many gaping holes
to be filled. First, a look at the essentials.
Of the 6 First Round picks the Panthers have had, 4 of them have been from the CHL.
26 of the past 36 Panthers picks have been from the CHL, with many of them being ‘safe’
‘character’ players that have amounted to absolutely nothing.
college pick of note), and have not ventured often into Europe, including just three picks
from the Czech Republic and ZERO picks from Slovakia.
in the standings, and on the farm. When the Panthers have ventured into uncharted waters
(Europe), they have had good success. Radek Dvorak, Filip Kuba, Oleg Kvasha, Kristian Huselius,
Jaro Spacek, Niklas Hagman, Marcus Nilson and Vladimir Saphozhnikov have all been very good
picks, and since the Panthers have only picked twelve European players since 1995, they have had
a Read more»
- Steven Anthony
- Joe Basaraba
- Francis Beauvillier
- R.J. Boyd
- Connor Brickley
- Sam Brittain
- Joshua Brown
- Matt Buckles
- Alexander Delnov
- Michael Downing
- Ben Gallacher
- Sergei Gayduchenko
- Significant quakes (5.0+)
- Post Game Talk: "mennhhhhhhhhhhh" LEAFS WIN! Californian Dream? 2nd in the Atlantic
- Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LV
- Canucks go from 3-0 lead to 4-3 deficit within 5:09 (and give up 7 goals in 3rd)
- TV: True Detective (Part II)
- Confirmed with Link: Ales Hemsky(@50%) to Ottawa for 3rd(2015) and 5th(2014)