Two games haven't decided the fate of the two relegation round combatants at the 2014 World Junior Championship, so Germany and Norway will play one more to decide which team will compete at the 2015 WJC next year in Canada.
With the preliminary round now in the books, eight of the 10 teams taking part in the 2014 World Junior Championship can look forward to battling it out for medals beginning with the four quarterfinals matches on Thursday. But the other two teams on the outside looking in, Germany and Norway, are in the more precarious position of having to qualify for next year's top level of the WJC.
Heading into their fourth and final match of the 2014 World Junior Championship's preliminary round, Germany needed to reverse their trend of the first three games in which they surrendered copious amounts of goals to the opposition. And reverse it they did, as the Germans notched a 3-0 win over the Czech Republic to at least give themselves a shot at avoiding the relegation round.
- GDT: Game #50 Hawks @ Sharks Jan 31, 2015 7:30PM (PST) CSN-CA, CSN-CH, SN
- Hershey Bears 20,000th goal
- "These are two teams that dislike each other. Those are the games we love to play."
- Prediction Contest: 2014-2015 Jets prediction game (Jan 31 vs Dallas)
- Denis Potvin Q&A
- Prediction Contest: ***Predictions #51: @ Flyers, Jan 31, Sorry meant to post this yesterday