As the 2013-14 season progresses, the order at the top of the ISS Hockey 2014 NHL Draft rankings seems to have further solidified. Case in point: the top five prospects in the March rankings is the same order as the top five from the February rankings.
The top six prospects from last month's rankings are the same six players holding down those slots in this month's list. And in fact, the players are ranked exactly as they were in January, so the ISS view of the draft's top prospects seems to be more settled as the 2013-14 regular season heads towards its conclusion.
For the NHL Draft prospect junkie, January is a particularly interesting month given the information available and events that take place. On the event side, the World Junior Championship wraps up in early January, while the BMO CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game normally takes place at mid-month (and in fact is taking place tomorrow night).
No news is good news if you're Kootenay Ice center Sam Reinhart, at least when it comes to the ISS Hockey December rankings for the 2014 NHL Draft. Reinhart is holding steady as the top-ranked prospect for the coming year's draft, a position he has held in these rankings for the four releases that ISS Hockey has produced in the 2013 portion of this season.
- PGDT-Poll: SCP Game 3| Capitals @ Islanders | Players of the Game Poll | PO Edition | F/TBD
- Who is the best Sharks coach in history?
- Newcomer Garbowsky feels at home in Rochester
- Proposal: Lucic for grabner+
- NBA: San Antonio Spurs at Los Angeles Clippers, 19/4, 10:30PM EST
- NBA: Memphis Grizzlies at Portland Trail Blazers, 19/4, 8:00PM EST