It was a tough postseason for the majority of the Wild's prospects. Another year out of the playoffs for the rebuilding Wild is testing the patience of the fans, though a promising youth movement is on the horizon.
Team Depth Chart of NHL Prospects
- Surplus of role players
- Blue chip prospects at every position
- Deep and talented group of centers
- Depth on Right Wing
Legend of Players' Leagues
- Playing in N.A. Pro (NHL, AHL, ECHL, etc.)
- Playing in CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL)
- Playing in NCAA
- Playing in Europe
- Playing in Junior 'A' (USHL, BCHL, AJHL, etc.)
- Not Categorized Yet
Below is the final part of Hockey's Future's 2012 Spring Organizational Rankings. The rankings were determined by taking each NHL team's entire prospect pool into consideration as well as the likelihood those prospects are to meet their maximum potential. For reference, each team's top five prospects are included, as well as the players they have graduated, traded, or added to their pool over the 2011-12 season. To be eligible, a player must meet HF's prospect criteria. The rankings are done twice each season, in the fall and spring.
The Minnesota Wild took a major step toward improving their club from within with the signing of their top prospect, Mikael Granlund. Granlund is considered by some to be the top prospect currently playing outside of the NHL.
Russell Lansford/Icon SMI)
Over the last several seasons the Minnesota Wild have filled their pipeline to the brim with highly regarded prospects; a strategy which is starting to pay early dividends at the NHL level. Below is the inaugural edition of the Wild's prospect awards.
Vincent Muzik/Icon SMI)
Last summer, Jonas Brodin was one of the fast risers at the 2012 NHL Draft, ultimately being taken 10th overall by the Minnesota Wild. That draft ranking came on the strength of some regular SEL play for the Swedish champion Farjestad, as well as a top-flight performance at the 2011 U18 World Championship. This past season was yet another eventful one for the 18-year-old, most especially in light of his WJC gold medal performance.
- Confirmed with Link: Boudreau nominated for Jack Adams
- NHL 13 Dynasty Thread (Part 4)
- Injury Report: Jason Spezza Injury Thread Pt II: Playing in Game 3
- Speculation: Your Team's Off-season Plans
- GDT: ECSF #2 - 5/19/13 | New York Rangers @ Boston Bruins | 3:00 PM - NBC, TSN
- OT: Sens Lounge LX | Believe in Beville Edition