The Minnesota Wild took a major step toward improving their club from within with the signing of their top prospect, Mikael Granlund. Granlund is considered by some to be the top prospect currently playing outside of the NHL.
Team Depth Chart of NHL Prospects
- Plenty of players with two-way upside
- Defensive depth
- Depth at center
- Lack of elite upside throughout system
- Lack of depth on both wings
Legend of Players' Leagues
- Playing in N.A. Pro (NHL, AHL, ECHL, etc.)
- Playing in CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL)
- Playing in NCAA
- Playing in Europe
- Playing in Junior 'A' (USHL, BCHL, AJHL, etc.)
- Not Categorized Yet
Russell Lansford/Icon SMI)
Over the last several seasons the Minnesota Wild have filled their pipeline to the brim with highly regarded prospects; a strategy which is starting to pay early dividends at the NHL level. Below is the inaugural edition of the Wild's prospect awards.
Vincent Muzik/Icon SMI)
Last summer, Jonas Brodin was one of the fast risers at the 2012 NHL Draft, ultimately being taken 10th overall by the Minnesota Wild. That draft ranking came on the strength of some regular SEL play for the Swedish champion Farjestad, as well as a top-flight performance at the 2011 U18 World Championship. This past season was yet another eventful one for the 18-year-old, most especially in light of his WJC gold medal performance.
The Wild commenced a 'soft' rebuild on the day Chuck Fletcher took over for Doug Risebrough. The majority of Risebrough's prospects have been flushed, and a steady eye for the future has been in evidence. It hasn't been a 'scorched earth' rebuild, whether out of honor or overconfidence, and the team should rebound soon from a season where injuries exposed a lack of elite talent. Free agents and reclamation projects can only bring a franchise so far, and Fletcher's regime has brought a concerted effort toward finding talent to the draft board. The Wild has been preparing for several of the young men playing in the U.S. college ranks and in Europe to form the team's core going forward.
- Around the League LXIII
- GDT: PDSF: Gm#3 | KINGS#3 @ SHARKS#2 | Tue, 4/22/14 @ 7:00pm PDT | FS-PRIME, NBCSN, CBC
- GDT: PDSF: Sharks VS Kings. Game 3. 7:00PM
- Around the NHL 2013-2014 part 五, playoff edition
- GDT: PDSF Gm#3 | KINGS#3 @ SHARKS#2 | Tuesday, 4/22/14 @ 7:00pm PDT | FS-PRIME, NBCSN, CBC
- Speculation: 2014 - 2015 Coyotes Roster