When the Kelowna Rockets made the deal with the Saskatoon Blades in early 2010, a move that netted them forward Colton Sissons, one wonders if at that time the Rockets knew the North Vancouver native had the makings of an important team leader.
Team Depth Chart of NHL Prospects
- Physical, skilled forwards
- Balanced defensive depth
- Goaltending depth
- Top-end scoring forwards
- Center depth at pro level
Legend of Players' Leagues
- Playing in N.A. Pro (NHL, AHL, ECHL, etc.)
- Playing in CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL)
- Playing in NCAA
- Playing in Europe
- Playing in Junior 'A' (USHL, BCHL, AJHL, etc.)
- Not Categorized Yet
The Predators have defensive stability waiting at the NHL's gates with Ryan Ellis and Roman Josi leading the way, and many of the team's other top prospects are also playing in the AHL with the Milwaukee Admirals. The depth of the organization is apparent in the many notable prospects on the horizon currently developing in junior, college, and European leagues. Below are some of the Nashville Predators prospects to watch during the 2012-13 season.
The Nashville Predators have some bright light defensemen in their pipeline, and several two-way forwards that look like they just came out of the Nashville mold. The top three prospects in the organization are all blueliners with NHL experience, led by the youngest of the three, Ryan Ellis. The remainder of the top ten prospects includes some interesting forwards that run the gamut from a top checking-line, shutdown type in Austin Watson to the pure scorer Pontus Aberg, one of many 2012 draft picks making their debut in the Predators Top 20 this fall.
In many ways, the Nashville Predators 2012 NHL Draft strategy mirrored the one they used for their 2011 draft. As in 2011, the Predators once again focused on forwards and selected only two defensemen and one goalie. The organization also once again selected a handful of overage prospects as well as several who are bound for the NCAA.
The Nashville Predators do not have a first round pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. That is a result of the trade they made with the Buffalo Sabres for Paul Gaustad at the trade deadline. The Predators did however trade Anders Lindback to the Tampa Bay Lightning on June 15th for two second-rounders. Thus, the Predators first selection in the 2012 Entry Draft will be the 37th overall pick.
- Series Talk: CDSF: (1) Colorado Avalanche vs. (4) Minnesota Wild
- GDT: Avs vs. Wild Game 1: 9:30pm EST/7:30pm MST: Call of Noobs Avalanche Edition
- Series Talk: CDSF: (2) St. Louis Blues vs (3) Chicago Blackhawks
- Post Game Talk: 4/17/14 Hawks Drop Game 1 in Triple OT
- The Ducks playoff uniforms are awful
- Post Game Talk: Avs vs. Wild Game 1 : 9:30pm EST/7:30pm MST: Pay Stastny what he wants !!!