2014 is shaping up to be a good draft year for current collegians. There are a number of excellent players, particularly on defense, that could be selected at this year’s NHL Draft. Hockey’s Future takes a closer look at five of those draft prospects from the NCAA, all of whom appear on Central Scouting’s midterm rankings. Unless otherwise noted, all stats are current as of January 31st.
The 62nd annual Beanpot Tournament began on Monday, with four teams battling it out to see which schools would meet in next week's final. The first game featured Northeastern and Harvard, while Boston College and Boston University renewed their heated rivalry in the day's second game.
A year after capturing the gold medal at the 2013 World Junior Championship in Russia, the Americans finished out of medal contention this year with a fifth-place finish. Although Team USA as a whole played well in the tournament, the team couldn’t quite find the same magic at this year's WJC.
- Peter Holland's next step.
- MLD 2014 Quarterfinals - Montagu Allan - (2)Lahti Pelicans vs. (3)Carolina Hurricanes
- Player Discussion: 2014-2015 Lineup Discussion : Part II
- MLD 2014 Quarterfinals - Montagu Allan - (1) Idaho Steelheads vs. (4) MB Bulldogs
- How screwed would your team be?
- MLD 2014 Quarterfinals - Mickey Ion - (2) Pittsburgh vs. (3) Clarenville