With 15 drafted players on their roster, the University of Minnesota features more NHL prospects than any other NCAA team this season. So it is easy for lesser-known players to receive smaller amounts of attention. But sophomore and Buffalo Sabres prospect Christian Isackson is emerging from the shadows of the team’s top players and is beginning to establish himself as a rising star in the Golden Gophers’ talent-laden lineup.
With the first half of the 2012-13 season drawing to a close and the second half getting underway, there were plenty of prospect stories making the rounds in college hockey in December. Hockey’s Future takes a look back at the final month of the 2012 calendar year. Unless otherwise noted, all stats are current as of Dec. 31.
After an injury-plagued freshman season, UMass Lowell goalie Doug Carr flew onto the scene for the River Hawks last season, and established himself as one of the top goalies at the collegiate level.
- Value of: Teravainen, McNeill and 2013 1st for a top 10 pick with Monahan on the board
- Pie and Shattenkirk contracts
- All Encompassing Tortorella..ella..ella..eh..eh...and Glen Cigar Thread Part V
- Gary Lawless: Burmistrov wants out of Winnipeg
- GDT: Game 4 - (4)Boston Bruins @ (6)New York Rangers - 7:30PM - CNBC - Torts Edition
- Player Discussion: Tyler Seguin