The 62nd annual Beanpot Tournament began on Monday, with four teams battling it out to see which schools would meet in next week's final. The first game featured Northeastern and Harvard, while Boston College and Boston University renewed their heated rivalry in the day's second game.
A year after capturing the gold medal at the 2013 World Junior Championship in Russia, the Americans finished out of medal contention this year with a fifth-place finish. Although Team USA as a whole played well in the tournament, the team couldn’t quite find the same magic at this year's WJC.
In 1996, JP Parise, father of Minnesota Wild forward Zach Parise, was approached to take over a fledgling hockey program for a small but well known boarding school in Faribault, Minnesota. Since then, the program has gone on to win multiple national championships at all levels of minor hockey while attracting the services of young talented stars like Sidney Crosby, Jonathan Toews, and Nathan MacKinnon.
It’s not that they are all in the same class as Motte is a freshman, while Di Pauli and O’Regan are sophomores. Nor are they teammates, since Motte plays for the University of Michigan, Di Pauli is at Notre Dame, and O’Regan plays for Boston University.
- GDT: Chicago Blackhawks at Los Angeles Kings - November 29, 2014 - 7:00 p.m. (PST)
- Celebrity Death: Author P.D James (Children of men) age 94
- Pre-Game Talk: Rangers - Flyers (11/28/14)
- What team(s) that have started out strong, are most likely to fade?
- Value of: Frolik to Montreal
- Robidas value is showing now.