As long as Brady Skjei can remember, he wanted to be a Minnesota Gopher. His grandfather Stan Skjei and relative Brett Sadek both played football at the University of Minnesota and like many other players born in the self-proclaimed State of Hockey, Skjei went to many games at Mariucci Arena in Minneapolis hoping to one day be on the other side of the Plexiglas representing the school as a student-athlete.
The final month of 2013 marked the end of the first half and the beginning of the second half of the 2013-14 NCAA hockey season. Hockey’s Future takes a look back at the many notable performances by NHL prospects around college hockey during the month of December. Unless otherwise noted, all stats are current as of January 5th, 2014.
Forward Anthony Mantha (DET) is the Hockey's Future Prospect of the Month for December. An offensively prolific player since the start of the 2013-14 season, Mantha took his game to another level in December, with 14 points in five QMJHL games and 10 points through the preliminary round of the 2014 World Junior Championship.
- Sharks annouces partnership with PrimeSport as offical fan travel partner
- GDT: Game #22 - 11.25.14 - vs Edmonton - 7:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM
- Proposal: Philadelphia/Edmonton
- Would legal Loan-sharking be one of the Biggest businesses today in the world?
- Trading non-factor players for difference makers
- The Leafs are Number One.. in Financial Value for the 9th Year in a Row