Thatcher Demko has already won a Beanpot Championship this season, but he is far from done. The Boston College netminder enters the playoff season as the top-ranked North American goaltender in Central Scouting's midterm rankings and is ready to impress.
This season started with 15 NHL-drafted goaltenders playing in the NCAA. Now it is down to 13. Reigning ECAC Rookie of the Year Jason Kasdorf (WPG) suffered a season-ending shoulder injury in October after playing in just two games. Sophomore Collin Olson (CAR) left Ohio State in November to play in the USHL.
As the NCAA season winds down, NHL teams begin to descend on the college hockey landscape in hopes of adding available free agents to their pipelines. Hockey Future takes a closer look at ten players (listed alphabetically by last name) who have all drawn considerable NHL interest and could soon be headed to an NHL organization near you. This year’s list features six forwards, three defensemen and one goaltender. Unless otherwise noted, all stats are current as of March 6th.
The final full month of the 2013-14 NCAA season saw teams jostling for post-season conference positioning and some fantastic performances by NHL collegiate prospects. Hockey’s Future takes a look back at the more notable performances that took place in the month of February. Unless otherwise noted, all stats are current as of March 3rd.
- Why can a goalie return to his net after an icing call on his team?
- Player Discussion: Would you want Carl Soderberg on the Montreal Canadiens?
- What is the current direction of the team?
- Where is the offensive production going to come from the blue line?
- Post-Game Talk: Suck it Buffalo. Wild beat Oil 2-1.
- Who wins the Calder trophy this season?