Former University of Massachusetts’ goaltender Kevin Moore overcame a lot of adversity to remain a member of the Massachusetts hockey team, and he earned the title “Rudy of hockey” after an inspirational appearance in the Senior Night finale for the Minutemen. Moore will also have an opportunity that Rudy didn’t, which is making the professional level of his sport.
This is the final season for the CCHA. The 11 member schools will be scattered among four conferences when the NCAA landscape undergoes its massive change next season. Michigan, Michigan State and Ohio State will make up half of the newly formed Big Ten (Hockey) conference. Miami and Western Michigan will become members of the newly formed National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC). Notre Dame will move to Hockey East and the remaining five teams will move to the revamped WCHA.
2012-13 is shaping up to be another exciting season in Hockey East. With the massive changes to the college hockey landscape on the horizon, the current, ten-member Hockey East conference will see an expansion in the next two years. Notre Dame joins the conference next season, while the University of Connecticut's men’s team will become Hockey East members beginning in the 2014-15 season (the UConn women’s team is already a member of Hockey East).
- DD's Auction Game 2.0 (PLEASE READ FULL OP)
- GDT: WCSF | Game 3 | 5/18 | Kings @ Sharks | 9PM ET | RDS, TSN, NBCSN
- Blue Jays Discussion: Turning the corner maybe? possibly? we hope?
- Bring your Pitchforks and Torches it's time for Yeo to Go!!! UPD: Nope
- Great hockey logos/uniforms from outside the NHL
- Official 2013 Memorial Cup Thread - Saskatoon, SK - May 17th-26th, 2013